Anyone can benefit from Sports Massage, regardless of the individual’s level of fitness. Most of us suffer from some everyday stresses through our work, home, lifestyle/hobbies. These stresses can affect our bodies in various ways such as repetitive strains, muscular tensions and aches in the back and shoulders, stiffness and reduced or limited flexibility of our joints making it difficult sometimes to carry out simple every day movements or tasks.
How is deep tissue and sports massage beneficial?
Sports Massage is a form of hands-on Deep and Soft Tissue Massage that uses a variety of massage, mobilisation and stretching techniques in order to:
- Decrease muscle tension / Muscle relaxation
- Used as a management tool to prevent injuries and loss of mobility/flexibility
- Restores mobility/flexibility to injured muscle tissue
- Breakdown and re-alignment of scar tissue to aid the healing process
- Improve mico-circulation of blood
- Increased removal of exercise waste products e.g. Lactic Acid
- Reduces pain